About Elizabethtown Borough, Lancaster County PA!
Elizabethtown, PA is located on the old Lancaster – Harrisburg Turnpike. Accessibility from Lancaster is made easier since the construction of Route 283 west. The city sprung from a trading post established in 1730 on the Conoy Creek and called the Bear Tavern. In 1753 Barnabas and Elizabeth Hughes from County Donegal, Ireland, purchased the land and laid out a town, named in honor of Mrs. Hughes. Names of several local towns reflect the Irish influence. In 1899 members of the Church of the Brethren founded Elizabethtown College which is noted for its liberal arts and professional programs. It is also a center for Anabaptist studies, a discipline which deals with the Amish, Mennonite, Brethren and various other “plain”groups.
Visit the Elizabethtown Borough website here: Elizabethtown Borough & the Elizabethtown Borough Chamber of Commerce here: Elizabethtown Chamber of Commerce
Elizabethtown Borough, PA Offices
600 South Hanover St.
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
Phone: (717) 367-1700
Shopping in Elizabethtown, PA
Restaurants in Elizabethtown, PA
Bars in Elizabethtown, PA
Businesses in Elizabethtown, PA