About Intercourse, Lancaster County PA!
Intercourse, PA is probably the best-known tourist town in Lancaster County. Founded in 1754, it was originally called Cross Keys after a local inn sign. The name was changed to Intercourse in 1814. The name referred to a place where business transactions were conducted. This older definition gave way to a more modern connotation in later years. Primarily a tourist town, Intercourse figured in the film “Witness”. There is a quilt museum at “The Peoples’ Place”, an attraction dedicated to the Pennsylvania Dutch lifestyle. Kitchen Kettle Village offers a group of stores and PA Dutch culinary treats. Intercourse is on route 340, the old Philadelphia Pike, east of Lancaster City.
Intercourse, PA websites of interest:
Shopping in Intercourse, PA
Restaurants in Intercourse, PA
Bars in Intercourse, PA
Businesses in Intercourse, PA